Does shopping for the holidays stress you out. It doesn’t have to if you create a budget and stick to it. If you’re not a list maker I suggest you try it for your Christmas shopping it really can take the pressure off. Here are a few ways that may help you with your shopping this holiday season.
1) Create a list of all the people you plan to buy for, if you plan to buy even a small gift for someone like teachers, hair stylist, etc. right them down too!
2) Now beside each name you’ve written down write the amount that you plan to spend on that person (doesn’t have to be exact) Add up the amount if it exceeds your budget, then trim down your list. Do you really need to buy a gift for that relative you only see once a year! A nice card may be enough!
3) Use cash to buy your gifts… you can watch your pennies better and may make better choices. Credit cards can get you in trouble here…
4) Start shopping early, keep your list handy at all times. You never know when you might come across the perfect gift for someone!
5) If the malls and stores stress you out. Shop online from the comfort of home, you can find some really unique gifts this way and many sites offer online coupons for savings!
Here are some designs and items I’ve been working on for my store Designs by Shell, come by for a visit and find some unique gifts too… Stock up on gift tags, labels and holiday postage…