Just returned from a visit to Vancouver Island. Some time was spent visiting family, enjoying barbeques and warm sunny weather. It was beautiful by the ocean. We took a short boat ride to a little Island called Newcastle. My husband and I spent the day there. We walked the perimeter of the island approx. 8 kilometers and had a great picnic lunch while viewing the boats and ocean scenes. I created word art from seashells on the beach for fun… I was able to capture some great pictures of these as well as some awesome ocean and trail shots. I’ve already put several of them on products in my store. Do come by to see more… Designs by Shell
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Zazzle has recently introduced ipod touch cases as the latest product for artists to design. These are fabulous for videos, recording, gaming, music and the resolution is extraordinary. Offers great features like video calling where you can see the person you’re talking to. It lets you record videos as well as edit and share them. A feature called the Game Center lets you play your favourite games against your buddies any where in the world. How amazing is that!
I’ve been having fun coming up with some interesting designs for the ipod touch cases. Fun and bold designs for the kids and classy and stylish designs like stripes and flowers. Here is a sample of some from my store Designs by Shell
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Summer time is when you want to be able to prepare quick meals, meals that you can take to a picnic or family potluck or ones that you can prepare before you go to work. Perhaps you have a favourite summer salad that you love to make or one that you always get requests for. Here you’ll find 5 great summer salad recipes that you may like to try for your next family meal or get together.
1) Light and Fruity Dessert Salad –can be made a day ahead
2) The Best-Ever Hawaiian Potato Salad Recipe – this one is loaded with vegetables…
3) Spinach Strawberry Summer Salad – light and tasty dressing
4) Ramen Noodle Salad – light oil and vinegar dressing
5) Broccoli Salad – featuring that sweet and sour tang
Well are you getting hungry? Ohhh, I”m ready for a salad! Here are some designs I’ve been working on to featuring summer themes!Come by my store to see the cute gift items and apparel I've been working on.
Saturday, July 9, 2011
Do you crave chocolate regularly? I will admit to having chocolate cravings fairly often and caving in to them as well. Chocolate is found to have antioxidant benefits and does not contain as much caffeine as one might think. A cup of coffee contains 100 mg of caffeine while an average size piece of chocolate contains only 10 mg of caffeine. Chocolate is also rich in magnesium and phosphorus. The higher the percentage of cocoa butter and the darker the chocolate it is believed to deliver more health benefits. So don’t stop eating your chocolate just make sure you’re mainly eating the darker and 70 percent cocoa butter chocolate more often than those cheap chocolate bars that get us every now and then.
I’ve been creating designs related to chocolate and coffee themes for my store Designs by Shell Here are a few of my items for you to see…
Sunday, July 3, 2011
Well we are into July and the weather is starting to get warmer and it’s beginning to feel more like summer. Do you have plans to go away on a trip or perhaps you’re going to do some day trips near your home. I thought I’d share a list of 10 fun day trip ideas that may get you inspired or thinking about your summer plans.
1) A day at the beach… might include swimming, barbeque or picnic
2) A day hike… check out adventure trails and walks in your area
3) A day at the zoo… find the nearest zoo or animal petting farm
4) A visit to local museums… most cities especially the big ones have them, spend a day visiting different ones
5) A day at the games… take the family to a baseball or soccer game
6) A day at the waterpark and picnic grounds ..kids and adults love it
7) A day exploring and taking pictures of nature… may be at a National Park
8) A day touring little shops, cafe’s and eateries… fun for everyone
9) An adventure day of mini-golf or nine hole golf
10) A day of water adventures, try canoeing, kayaking or paddle boating… bring along a picnic lunch
There are some great ideas I hope they get you thinking of things that might work for yourself or for your family. Enjoy…
Here are some summer inspired designs from my store Designs by Shell