This past spring while on a holiday with my husband in Italy, Rome the words ‘moving or still’ were heard often! You’re probably wondering what I’m talking about so I’ll explain. At cafe’s and restaurants in Italy we almost always ordered mineral water with our meal. The servers always asked us if we wanted ‘moving or still’ some even called it bubbly water. Where we live in Canada, it’s simply called mineral water or by brand name like Pelligrino.
Where am I going with this? Well, this phrase ‘moving or still’ made me think in terms of a business. If a business is moving you can imagine it is growing, bringing in revenue, gaining ground. On the other hand if a business is still, I imagine it to be in a slow period, perhaps not growing as it should or reaching it’s customers the way it should be. If one has a choice I would want my business to be ‘moving not still’!
Here are a few ideas to get your business ‘moving’.
1) Have goals for your business, write them down, even add deadlines.
2) Stay positive, write down some success’s you’ve had in business, build on them
3) Create a routine, how many hours are you willing to put into your business. If it’s 4 or 5 a day, then stick to it…
4) Spend time marketing, promoting and sharing your business.
5) Connect and network with other business owner’s, share tips and gain insights from others.
I’ve been working on my business this week designing for new products and spending time marketing as well. Thanks for visiting my store Designs by Shell. If you enjoyed this post please feel free to leave me a comment or share a tip of your own!
| || || |
| || || |