It’s hard to believe that summer is coming to an end. September is just around the corner and with that means the start up of school. Some children will be excited to return or start school and others may be a little apprehensive or afraid of the new routine. You’ll want to make the adjustment of your child’s return to school as smooth as possible. Or if you’re an older student in high school or college you’ll want to organize your self for an easy return to school. It doesn’t take much to be organized by collecting and preparing supplies in advance. This can help ease anxiousness and make the transition from a relaxed summer to the entry of a new school year go smoothly.
Here are a few tips to help you out:
1) Start setting the clock a few minutes earlier the week before school to get yourself and or your children used to the early rise. Going to bed a few minutes earlier can help prepare kids too.
2) Eating breakfast regularly is a big deal. Just as cars run on fuel, your body needs energy and calories to function optimally. Be sure to have healthy choices for the kids in the morning and allow sufficient time for them to eat.
3) Set out backpacks and clothes the night before so you’re not rushing around looking for socks or clean pants in the morning.
4) Prepare lunches or a portion of them the night before as well. Remember fruit, vegetables and protein for a healthy meal.
5) Ease anxiousness by allowing your child to help pick out a new back to school outfit to wear on the first day and maybe help choose some of those cool school supplies too. This can help kids get excited about the return to school.
Well hope you enjoyed these tips. As usual I’ve been working on new designs and creations for my store. Here are some cute samples from my store Designs by Shell. Come by for a browse…
| || || |
| || || |