Zazzle.com Collection: We've Moved New Address Labels

Sunday, February 3, 2013

I Have No Idea

Please tell me this has happened to you! Being a regular blogger,(once a week) every now and then I find myself staring at a blank screen with absolutely no idea of what I’m going to blog about. Today is one of those days! I know that coming up with new ideas and fresh topics is a challenge for many people, even the best writer’s struggle with this at times. My husbands advice to me was to just pick a title and start writing and the thoughts will come. So that’s what I’m doing today.

Perhaps you’ve been thinking about starting a new business and are having trouble with the planning or direction you should take. Maybe you need to rethink the business that you’re doing right now and find ways to improve it and get it moving forward. You may have thought you had your business plan figured out but then when it came to implementing it nothing seemed to be panning out the way you had envisioned it. Well I thought I’d share some tips that might help you before you start up that new business. You might get inspired with an idea to make the business you have just a little better.

1) Planning can’t be stressed enough here, “a fail to plan is a plan to fail” – Stephen R. Covey …Enough said, right! Don’t just jump right in, work out a business plan step by step.

2) Check out business’ that are similar to the one you’ll be starting. Collect ideas, make an idea board on Pinterest . You can even gather ideas that you find there.

3) Before you begin it’s good to build and create an identity for yourself. This can also be called ‘Branding.’  Writing a blog is a good way to allow people to learn about you, promoting and maintaining an on-line presence is really essential if you have an on-line business.

4) Learn to network with other business owner’s. Join networking platforms, business sites and share and gain information from the forums on these sites.

5) In the on-line world, business’ come and go constantly, technology is always changing, pushing business’ to grow or go!  Do your research to stay current! 

6) The biggest advice I have is to be sure you are passionate about your business. If not, your business will reflect that and customers will also pick up on it. Passion is Key… and oh don’t forget to ‘Be a fearless learner’ …

Well there, I just talked myself through writing this blog where at first I had no idea what I would be talking about today!  The thoughts did begin to flow…

I love my creative business and I am always working on fresh designs for products in my store Designs by Shell. Here are a few of my latest ones…

XOX Hugs and Kisses iPad Mini Covers

 
Modern Circle and Square Design Tag For Luggage

 
Pink Puffy Heart Design Beverage Coaster

 
Floating Cubes and Hearts Thank You Labels

 
Purple Diamonds Thank You Greeting Cards

 
Pink Quilted Diamonds Stamps

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment