Zazzle.com Collection: We've Moved New Address Labels

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Becoming a Fearless Learner

Perhaps you’ve heard the term ‘fearless learner’ and wondered what exactly does it mean. My husband Brian, called me a ‘fearless learner’ as I was stretching and learning my way through so many new things when I first started my online business a few years ago.

The internet was fairly new to me as I’d really only used e-mail and Google search before this. I had to learn so much in order to be confident in running my online business. I was intimidated and scared to try things in the beginning but eventually I just had to test the waters so to speak and get over the feeling of being afraid at what would happen if I hit this button or that. In the first few months I was often calling my husband to say ‘such and such’ is on the screen and I don’t know what to do? He’d say “well what do you think you should do” and then “so go ahead and try it"! Which scared as I was I’d do as he said and then as time went on I stopped asking him what to do and just tried things on my own. The ‘fearless learner’ part!  :-) I had to learn to use marketing websites and leave comments in forums and learn to blog, which at first was kind of scary too but eventually it all got easier and now is just a regular part of my day!

Fear can be a big show stopper for many people, it can really incapacitate someone and prevent them from performing the simplest tasks. Many people deal with anxiety and fear based emotions on a regular basis. Getting over or working through your fears can be challenging but very rewarding when you accomplish it.

Here are some quotes to inspire you as you become a ‘fearless learner’.

Be a fearless learner” – B. Kuhn

“You are never too old to be a student” – S. Kuhn

“Every artist was first an amateur” – Ralph W. Emerson

“One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he could not do” – Henry Ford

“To change ourselves effectively, we first had to change our perceptions.” – Stephen R. Covey

“Creativity is as important as literacy” – Ken Robinson

“The way we see the problem is the problem” – Stephen R. Covey

“If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original” – Ken Robinson

Well as always I’ve been working on lots of creative design for Designs by Shell …. here’s a sample below.

Safari Animal Pattern T-shirt

 
Wild Animal Print Jewel Tones

 
Animal Print Wild Thing T-shirt

 
Orange and Yellow Summer Floral Messenger Bag

 
Purple and Black Leopard Pattern Thank You

 
Purple and Black Leopard Pattern Business Card

 

No comments:

Post a Comment