Zazzle.com Collection: We've Moved New Address Labels

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Branding Yourself in Business

There has been a lot of talk about this topic as of late especially if you run a business and participate in marketing. What is meant when someone tells you that you need to build a brand for yourself or your business? I asked myself this question recently.

Branding is basically marketing yourself in the business world. It comes down to how you present yourself to others. Not just simply how you look although a professional look does tend to make a difference but also how you relate to people, your personality and what knowledge or experience you bring to the table. Here is where you want to gain respect and build trust with potential customers. Your attitude and methods of networking should represent you well.

Intended branding allows you to differentiate a service, product or yourself from the competition. We all know that competition is huge so we must be looking at what our potential customers need or desire in our particular field. Do you have something unique and attractive to offer? How can you make your business stand out from the crowd? Your brand should separate you or make you stand out at least a little from your competitors.

Some business’s are more difficult to put into a niche brand especially if you sell several different types of products. My Zazzle store, Designs by Shell falls into this type of business. I have to let my whimsical, warm, fun style speak somewhat for itself. As customers become familiar with my designs they tend to return for subsequent purchases which makes me very happy. This is where personal branding comes into play. As customers or people you network with begin to get a sense of who you are, what you have to offer and how you network they will become more comfortable and thus help spread the word about your business. Customers want to get a sense of who you are and I believe through my design style I can give them that!

Branding yourself in business is a concept that is familiar to those in the business world but has really become a ‘power word’ that has been used extensively lately. Just watch the topic trends on social and business networks for awhile you’ll see what I mean.

Well those are my thoughts on this topic. Hope I’ve given you something to think about.

Here are some of my products featuring my designs. Thanks for shopping at Designs by Shell. I appreciate all of my customers!

Tennis - Queen of the Court Ornament

 
Snowman in a Tall Black Hat Mug

 
Whimsical Tree for my Teacher Card

 
Christmas Mouse Refrigerator Magnet

 
Snowman Gifttag Round Sticker

 
Chocolate Lover Mug

 

2 comments:

  1. Good post Shell. Something I need to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your visit and comment Jayne! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete