Zazzle.com Collection: We've Moved New Address Labels

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Summer Reading For The Soul

Every person likely enjoys or is drawn to reading a different type of novel. I really enjoy reading historical fiction. I have read several books by a variety of authors. I just finished reading The Daughter's Tale and before that The German Girl both written by Armando Lucas Correa. 

Historical novels like these are so fascinating and interesting to me as they shed light on the past and historical events.that happened before my time. They also give a greater sense of the tragedies and triumphs people lived through and endured as well as the struggles of day to day survival and how they sacrificed and found hope in extremely difficult times.  

The Daughter's Tale is about one of the most harrowing events in history committed by the Nazis on a civilian population. A good author like 'Correa' really pulls you into the lives of the characters and exposes the compassion and cruelty of the human heart. This historical novel is about family bonds and staying strong through the toughest of circumstances that no one on earth should be faced with. This novel brought me to tears many times and by the end I was literally sobbing. (just ask my husband) It definitely took a few days for my mind to stop churning over the things that I read about in this book. 

When I think back to high school classes of history I wish we had been able to read historical fiction like this.  I'm sure many students like myself would have been educated better and motivated to learn about history from people and characters that we could relate too. I remember my history class being extremely boring and uninteresting.  

If you enjoy historical fiction about the Holocaust or WWII  I'm sure you will want to add these two books to your reading list.  I always like to take a good book with me when traveling. Especially great to have when waiting in airports or when you're on a flight.  







No comments:

Post a Comment