Zazzle.com Collection: We've Moved New Address Labels

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Benefits of Daily Walking

I hope you like to walk! If you're like me, I love to get a good fast paced walk in at least 5 days a week. Sometimes I even trade my gym workout ( I know) for a walk because I just love being outdoors so much.  

Whether it's a walk in the neighborhood or out in a woodsy trail it's all good!  Sometimes I will track my walks on my phone app, Strava just to let me know how far I've walked in a week. It's just kind of neat to know the statistics and keep myself motivated at the same time. 

A couple of times a week I will walk with a friend. So it's a not only good cardio but a good time for chatting and catching up. This morning because the sun was shining and the temperature was good I walked 4 km myself. This evening I will be walking with my friend and we usually walk around 5 - 6 km. So that's a pretty good exercise in cardio, I'd say! 

Many studies have listed numerous benefits of walking daily or often.  Here are some of them:

- improves cognitive brain function
- is said to be cancer fighting (American Society for Clinical Oncology)
- keeps your cardiovascular system working well, helping your heart pump blood
- known to improve your mood and state of mind
- helps keep your muscles and bones strong

Those are enough great reasons to keep my walking up, hope you can get out for your daily stroll too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment