Zazzle.com Collection: We've Moved New Address Labels

Friday, April 6, 2018

Learning Styles

Lately I've been thinking about the various ways that we learn. Did you know that you most likely have a dominant learning style. Most people learn in a variety of ways but often lean more to one dominant style. You may find that you prefer different styles depending on the circumstance you're in or may find that you can adapt to many various learning styles. 

I know for myself I tend to prefer, visual and physical methods when I am learning a new skill or craft. This is the way that I seem to grasp and remember things the best.  

There are seven known types of learning styles. 

1. Visual (spatial) Learning through images, pictures and spatial understanding

2. Aural (musical) learning through sound and music

3. Verbal (linguistic) learning through words, speaking and writing

4. Physical (kinesthetic) using your body, hands and sense of touch

5. Logical (mathematical) you learn through logic, reasoning and systems

6. Social (interpersonal) you like to learn in groups or with others

7. Solitary (intrapersonal) you like to work or study alone

I'm sure that after reading this list you recognize your own preferred learning methods. Every style of learning uses different areas of the brain according to research.  Learning styles influence your life, decision making and guide the way that you learn.  I just found this interesting and thought I'd share about it today. Hope you enjoyed the read. 

Stay active, keep learning new things and embrace every day! :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment