We all know that an organized home can lead to a healthier more organized life. Who wouldn't want that, right? Organization doesn't have to break the bank, it can be done simply and on budget. I consider myself a pretty organized person and thankfully my husband is as well. We are not collectors of 'stuff' and neither of us like clutter so it makes staying organized some what easier. I know many people have a hard time keeping their homes and work space clutter free but with a little help it can be done.
Here are a few low cost tips for the kitchen and your home office:
Kitchen - wicker baskets are great for holding papers, vegetables or fruit
- trays (one size or with divided compartments) are very handy and come in a variety of sizes, use one on a coffee table or in a drawer or cupboard to organize items
- appliance manuals should all go in a ziplock bag and be put in a safe place for easy access
- clear glass or plastic canisters make great containers for dry cereal, baking items or treats
- ziplock bags are great organizers on their own, use one for birthday items like candles, cake decorating items, food coloring, etc.
- spice racks whether you like them visible or in a cupboard keeps spices organized and easy to find
- add some hooks to inside cupboard doors to hang an extra kitchen towel, barbecue tools or other item you use
- a cleaning caddie keeps cleaning products together and stores easily under the kitchen sink
Home Office - filing cabinet or paper file box with compartments to keep all of your papers in order
- a must have is a paper shredder
- labelled binders for easy access
- a bulletin board is useful for inspiration as well as for pinning important information you want to see daily
-magazine holders wooden or cardboard can help keep books and papers organized
- small wicker baskets can organize random office items
- desk lamp for task lighting
- book shelves of course for your physical reading material
- organize books by theme or alphabetically for easier access
- an old dresser that you repaint or re-stain can be a great way to keep items organized and out of sight
These tips should help you have a more efficiently run home and office. Simple things that make life easier.
Designs by Shell - the home of whimsical happy designs
(apparel, gift items and stationary products)