Hard to believe today is the first day of April. I sure don’t know how those last few months went by so fast, but they did! I hope you’re enjoying the beginning of Spring where you live! Spring time is one of my favourite seasons right up there with Fall. We have hung the bird feeders in our backyard and the little birds are beginning to return to it once again. The last couple of mornings I’ve been waking to the sounds of their chirping. There are lots of buds opening up on the plants and shrubs and some little flowers beginning to bloom! Such a beautiful time of year!
Zazzle has been putting out new products, several over the past few months. It is a challenge as well as exciting to be able to create designs and ideas for these new items. They include items for the home, office, apparel and gift products. When you’re designing item by item it takes quite some time to keep the new products coming out quickly. Challenging to get to them all! One day at a time, one step at a time!
Some of you may be wondering exactly what is involved in designing a new product so I thought I’d share the steps I go through here.
1. Design process begins with choosing one of the products to design. Say I choose to work on a ‘wedding favor box’, first I choose the style of box as there are several choices for this. Then I begin playing with drawing designs or patterns and choosing colors on my tablet until I am happy with one of them.
2. Next I upload the design to the ‘wedding favor box’ and proceed to post for sale. At this point I will add a descriptive title and then describe the product so that customers can find it.
3. I then choose one or two market categories that the product is suited for, like ‘special occasions’ and ‘weddings’. Finally I choose one of my store categories that is is best suited for. I have a ‘wedding’ category!
4. Next comes the important task of tagging the product, this is choosing the keywords that allow the product to be found in searches. You want to choose words that people would think of related directly to the product that you’ve designed so that it will be found on the internet. This can be tricky sometimes!
5. When I am satisfied with my keywords I am ready to set my royalty rate on the product and go ahead and post it! This means it will soon show up in the Zazzle market place and in my store. This process is done for each product, one at a time! That’s pretty much it!
Here are some of my recent designs! Thanks for visiting Designs by Shell! There are always new items to browse!