When you’re running an on-line business and trying to get it in front of eyes on the internet it can often seem like your business is a needle in a haystack. With millions of businesses, services, products and ads being pushed at us daily it’s a wonder how a small on-line business can be visible and make a go of it these days.
Think for a minute of wondering down a popular street in your city. Now think of all of the little mom and pop shops along that street. How many do you venture into? Something has really got to catch your eye or you have to be shopping for a specific item to draw you into that store, right! If it is such a challenge for brick and mortar stores to attract customers you are probably well aware of how much harder it is to gain the attention of potential customers in a over flowing market of shops on the internet. So how do we deal with these challenges we face? Well I hope to shed a little light on that with a few tips to help in this area!
1) Create a brand for your business, a brand that promotes itself and gives the shopper a unique experience. I know this can be tricky if you don’t have a particular niche but it can be done!
2) Encourage others to bookmark your store. Perhaps they’ll think of your business when a need arises for them.
3) Promote your business in as many places as you can. Social media sites, twitter, FB, Google, IBO Toolbox, LinkedIn. These are all free to post to and can get your business in front of millions of eyes.
4) Connect with others, especially on business platforms, in forums and through sharing content. This will help you gain recognition and build solid business relationships that may turn into customers for your store.
5) Be a big picture thinker, come up with fresh ideas and ways to attract people to your business. Think out of the box, here! Why would you be attracted to shop at your store, do you have something unique to offer?
6) Write a blog that showcases your business. Write creative titles that entice people to click and read. Images can help, show your best products or something that is in season. Let the tone of your blog be conversational and your words be easy to understand.
Well I hope that gives you some ideas on how to get your Business in front of the masses. Don’t give up just keep promoting.
Thanks for stopping by my shop, Designs by Shell. I’m constantly adding new designs and Zazzle is consistently adding new products, so lots to choose from.
Black and White Bath Set
Starfish and Ocean Save the Date
Starfish and Ocean Save the Date Postcards
Soft Radiant Orchid Wedding Postage
Pink Cupcakes Gift Wrap Paper
Pink Hearts Valentines Day Stickers