December is a busy month for most people. Along with shopping, decorating and baking there are lots of Christmas events and concerts to take in. Perhaps you will be getting house guests for the Christmas season which means more preparations to be done. What ever it is that you’ll be doing it’s nice to find ways to lighten the load and make many of these preparations easier and perhaps less costly too! So I thought I’d share some random seasonal tips that might help you out a little!
1) If you have packages to mail to family outside your city consider sending them by bus (Greyhound) in Canada. It it less expensive than by parcel post and may arrive at the destination sooner too!
2) Do you like to surprise people with a little gift, like your newspaper carrier, doctor or dentist or maybe a babysitter or neighbour. Keep a stash of generic, random gifts on hand. Ideas could be a calendar, gloves, boxed chocolates, nuts, coffees or teas. These are all useful and welcomed surprises!
3) For overnight guests keep a basket of everyday essentials in the guest room. Ideas could include shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrush, floss, shower cap, body lotion, tums etc. Sounds simple right but will be appreciated when they realize they forgot one these essentials at home.
4) A simple dining table centerpiece that takes just minutes to put together. A glass cake plate, could be round or square. Place a wreath of whatever material you like on it, could be evergreen or something else. Add a focal point like a large candle or decoration in the center of the wreath. Now fill in around the candle or decoration with shiny glass or non-breakable balls. There you have a beautiful centerpiece. You probably have everything to do this in your home already, just use your imagination!
5) If you don’t like those over the door wreath hangers that often scratch up the door or move to much here’s an idea you might like. Use an upside down Command Hook on the back side of your front door and loop a bow from the wreath over the top and hook it there! So easy!
6) Need some new Christmas decor but don’t want to spend money. Take some pinecones (preferably that you can collect) some branches and a can of metallic silver or gold spray paint, spray them up and you’ll have some beautiful decor to display. They’ll look great in a planter by your front door, just add some balls and maybe some mini lights.
Well that’s all my tips for today, got to get busy on my designs! Stop by Designs by Shell for some great gift ideas.
Birds 2014 Calendar
Posing Penguin Throw Pillow
Jolly Snowman Postage Stamp
Cute Tiger in a Santa Hat Gift Wrap
Always a Bookworm T-Shirt
Wish I Was Skating T-Shirts