Zazzle.com Collection: We've Moved New Address Labels

Monday, August 12, 2019

Take Advantage of Summer's Bounty

Summer time is the best time to enjoy the local produce. Wherever you live you should definitely take advantage of the fruits and vegetables that abound in your area. 

This morning I stopped at a corner fruit stand near my home and picked up some delicious fresh blueberries and some local corn on the cob.  My mouth is watering just thinking about them.  The price is also a little lower than what you'll pay in a super market for them too.  Where I live at this time of year wild blackberries are growing plump and juicy in easily accessed areas. My husband and I picked a big bucket full last week. I washed them and flash froze them on a cookie sheet and then put them in freezer bags. They are fabulous to have on hand in the fall and winter months to add to smoothies, or sprinkle on your yogurt. I made a blackberry &  blueberry crumble for dessert last night for my family.  So good! 

The cost of fruits and vegetables can be expensive especially when buying them out of there normal season so one should definitely take advantage of free wild berries when you can. After all they are organic and come with lots of health benefits. 







No comments:

Post a Comment