Zazzle.com Collection: We've Moved New Address Labels

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Little Women Still a Favorite

Happy New Year to everyone who is reading and/or following my blog.  I trust 2020 is a year full of purpose, blessings and happiness for you all.  Well how did you bring in the New Year? Did you have a quiet night at home watching the ball drop with Ryan Seacrest and everyone celebrating in New York or did you head out to celebrate with friends or family indulging in food and games?  

My husband and I went to the movies. We have never done this on New Year's Eve but since my favorite movie was playing I was excited to go.  Yes, Little Women, a favorite from my childhood. I still have a copy of the book that my grandma gave me when I was in elementary school.  I reread it to get a fresh memory of the story line not that it was really one that I would have forgotten as I so enjoyed it.  

If you're unfamiliar with this story I will give a brief explanation. It is an adaptation of the classic novel by Louisa May Alcott. This version of the movie is directed by Greta Gerwig.   It is a story about the four March sisters as Jo March reflects upon her life.  Meg is the eldest, pretty and responsible. Jo is next an aspiring author and a little boyish. Then comes Beth who is a quiet soul and musically gifted. Last but not least is Amy who is artistic as well as slightly impulsive.  The girls help their mother keep things running smoothly on the farmstead while their father serves in the Civil war.  They welcome Laurie, a new neighbor into their group and all become good friends, Jo yearns to become a professional writer and explore her freedom. The other sisters are content to just take each day as it comes. 

It is a story of sisterhood, love, generosity and helping one another. A touching and inspiring story of core values.  I definitely recommend this movie and think it's a wonderful way to bring in the New Year.  

January 2020 begins! I hope and pray it will be a fabulous year for us all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment