Zazzle.com Collection: We've Moved New Address Labels

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Travelling in the Spring

Spring is here and I don't know about you but I can't wait to travel to a sunny destination. The rainy weather and late snowfalls have made the winter drag on and on and I am so ready for the sun to shine at least for a few days in a row! Thankfully my husband and I have a Hawaii trip coming up this month. White sand, warm water, snorkeling, paddling and lots of adventures that we will pack into just over a week on the Big Island!  

Getting ready for a trip can sometimes be daunting as there are so many details to think about, Obviously booking your flights and place to stay are the big ones here but also smaller details like what to buy before hand, what to pack and take on the plane with you too.  I like to make lists and each time you travel it gets a little easier to know what you want to bring and what you can leave behind.  

Here is a set I put together to help with some ideas for you ladies to think about bringing in your carry on, on the plane. I like to be prepared so I thought these things were all fairly important.  You can also add a change of clothes to this, 



  Things I've learned when you are preparing to go on an airplane or long flight. 

Eat lightly the day before your travel.  Avoid all fast food! Grease is not your friend! Think about eating protein like chicken, fish or turkey as this will keep you satiated and is easier to digest. Fruits and non gaseous vegetables are fine to consume as well, just not too much.

On the flight bring snacks like bananas, nuts, veggie sticks and bottled water. You need to stay hydrated so drink plenty of water or light fruit juices even if it means more trips to the washroom.

Keep items like tums, antacids and something for stomach cramping in your carry-on. Gravol can be useful to keep nausea away. I like the Gravol with ginger and the one that is non-drowsy. I don't like to be lethargic or out of it on the flight. Mints are better than gum as chewing gum can cause indigestion because you swallow air as you chew. 

Well hope these tips help you and I hope you get to enjoy some sunshine wherever you travel. 




No comments:

Post a Comment