The definition of fascination by the Merriam Webster dictionary simple means, a) the quality or power of fascinating b) something fascinating c) the state of being fascinated: the state of feeling an intense interest in something.
Today I spent the morning with a friend and her daughter in law and two little grandkids. The children are twins that are almost 2 years old. We took them to a local airport for a lunch outing and to watch the planes and helicopters landing and taking off. The little boy Eli was especially fascinated by all the airplanes and got very excited when he spotted the helicopters in the sky. He kept saying airplane, helicopter, airplane, helicopter… so cute! Aw, the simple, yet amazing things that we as adults often forget to marvel at.
Here are some Fascinating Facts that perhaps you never thought about: for more info. on these facts check out this site, Did You Know
1) The first submarine was designed in 1578, sketched out by Leonardo da Vinci
2) Light bulbs were in use before Thomas Edison applied for the paten in 1879
3) The first box of Crayola Crayons sold for a nickel in 1903
4) The human head consisting of the cranium and facial bones contains a total of 22 bones.
5) Cows do not have upper front teeth
6) Diamonds are the hardest natural substance on earth but if hit hard with a hammer will shatter or split
7) The muscle in your eye that causes you to blink is the fastest muscle in the body, blinking around 15 000 times a day.
8) Tomatoes are the world’s most popular fruit
9) If you’re an August baby you are born in the month with the highest birth rate.
10) Bicycles were sketched out by Leonard da Vinci but a Frenchman named De Sivrac built the first bicycle-style transportation in 1690
Well just a few fascinating facts, did you learn something new?
I’ve been working on new designs and marketing as usual and here are a few designs and products to share with you. Drop by Designs by Shell to see more!
| || || |
| || || |