Zazzle.com Collection: We've Moved New Address Labels

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hunger Games – What Did You Make Of It

This past Monday night my husband and I went to see the movie that’s all the rage right now called ‘The Hunger Games’. I haven’t read the book and really didn’t know what to expect from this movie. I have to say I did leave the theatre feeling a little disturbed by it.

The gist of this movie is about a young girl named Katniss Everdeen from a future place called Panem. In this particular society every year the government chooses a boy and a girl from each of the country’s 12 districts to face off in a battle to the death which is called ‘The Hunger Games. Katniss volunteers from her district to protect her little sister who is actually the one who was chosen to participate. I won’t go into anymore detail as many of you may not have seen it yet!  It definitely makes you think about our society and how so many people have become so focused on video games, reality tv and self obsession. The movie made me think about the strength of the human spirit and one’s determination to fight for life no matter what you’re up against. Anyways just  a few thoughts, I think it’s worth seeing, so put it on your list if you haven’t yet!

I’ve been working on a variety of designs for my store Designs by Shell. Sports themes, ice cream and a few cartoon animals. Here is a sampling below…

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Chrystal! They were fun to create! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to read the book, it is WAY better than the movie and you'll understand the movie better, too. But then you'll have to read Catching Fire and Mockingjay, both of which are very good reads, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, I've heard that the books are better, that's usually the way it is! I take it those other two you mentioned are the next ones in the series... thanks for your comments, Brenda!

    ReplyDelete